Details will be shared soon…
AI in Speech: What is Next for Arabic Speech Recognition?
The First Arabic speech workshop was held in Doha, April 29th and 30th 2019.
The workshop was hosted by Qatar Center for Artificial Intelligence (QCAI) of Qatar Computing Research Institute (QCRI).
ArabicSpeech Monthy Seminar
The first seminar will be held at the end of March 2021
If you have a question, email us at: email@example.com.
Due to the COVID-19 situation and disruption in travel. The second meeting for ArabicSpeech 2020 has been canceled and it will be considered later once the situation goes back to normal.
April 29th and 30th 2019 Doha, Qatar
The First Arabic speech workshop was held in Doha, April 29th and 30th 2019. The workshop was hosted by Qatar Center for Artificial Intelligence (QCAI) of Qatar Computing Research Institute (QCRI).
The purpose of this workshop is to bring together researchers, practitioners, students and industry experts in the fields of speech recognition and language processing with special attention to Arabic (standard and dialectal) to present recent advances, to discuss open research questions, and to bridge the gap between research and industry needs on certain concrete problems.
We invite colleagues from both academic and industrial fields to attend, contribute and discuss these topics with leading experts and practitioners from around the world.
- Opening remark and welcome to QCRI
- Introduction to Arabic Speech. video.
- Emotion recognition and sentiment analysis based on speech for call centers. slides, video.
- WaveFont – Visualization of information from the voice in captions. video.
- Aalto submission to the MGB-3 challenge. slides, video.
- DNN statistical interpretation and normalization for ASR. slides, video.
- Speech recognition in the newsroom. slides, video.
- Transformers with convolutional context for ASR. slides, video.
- OCR and handwriting using kaldi. slides, video.
- Arabic linguistic resources at Birzeit University. slides, video.
- Building large scale speech resources for Arabic – ELRA. slides, video.
- Algerian hierarchical classification for spoken dialect identification. slides, video.
- Speech and Language Technologies for Arabic. slides, video.
For more details about the workshop, please visit QCAI.